Reaching Out MBA COVID-19 Code of Conduct
Updated: May 31, 2023
Reaching Out MBA (ROMBA) is offering in-person attendance at our 2023 events pursuant to and consistent with state and local government orders and public health guidance on such gatherings. ROMBA is committed to hosting a safe event for all participants and to this end, requires all attendees to comply with safety and health protocols and precautions required by local and state governments, and specific venues. In addition, attendees must follow all relevant other Centers for Disease Control (CDC) COVID-19 guidelines and recommendations.
By acknowledging these protocols, I hereby acknowledge and agree to the following:
- COVID-19. I am aware of the existence of COVID-19, and that my participation in an in-person meeting may cause injury, illness, or death to myself and/or my family.
- With the end of the Public Health Emergency on May 11, 2023, ROMBA does not intend to require proof of vaccination at its Conference. ROMBA will, however, continue to follow and enforce CDC guidance on matters related to COVID-19 safety which strongly recommends that everyone get and stay up to date with COVID-19 vaccines. Should CDC guidance and ROMBA policy change, I may be asked to provide proof of vaccination status and a government-issued photo ID on-site at each venue as a condition of attendance. ROMBA will notify attendees in advance of the conference via email and by posting a notice on its website should proof of vaccination be required.
- Symptoms. I will not attend any in-person event if I have experienced symptoms such as fever, fatigue, difficulty breathing, dry cough, or other symptoms related to COVID-19 within 72 hours prior to my scheduled arrival at the in-person event.
- Isolation/Quarantine. I will not attend any in-person event if I am awaiting the results of a COVID-19 test or I have been diagnosed with COVID-19 within the time period recommended by the CDC guidelines for isolation after contracting COVID-19.
- COVID-19 Exposure. I will not attend if I have been in close contact (6 feet or closer for at least 15 cumulatively minutes over a 24-hour period) with a person who is known to have laboratory-confirmed COVID-19 or who has symptoms consistent with COVID-19 within the previous 72 hours.
- Behavior. While at all in-person events, I will follow all health and safety protocols as required by the facility and ROMBA. These precautions may include but are not limited to, engaging in appropriate social distancing, wearing a face covering in public areas and meeting spaces (regardless of vaccination status), minimizing face touching, frequently washing my hands, and avoiding high-risk environments such as overcrowded bars or restaurants.
- Face coverings. I will wear an appropriate face covering, as recommended by the CDC and local public health departments, at all times, unless otherwise permitted by ROMBA. My face covering will cover my nose and mouth. If requested by ROMBA staff, volunteers, or venue staff, I will wear a face covering provided by the conference organizers.
- On-site illness. Once I am on-site at the event, I agree not to attend the meeting if I am experiencing COVID-19-related symptoms such as fever, fatigue, difficulty breathing, dry cough, or other symptoms related to COVID-19. I commit to assessing my individual health each day of the event. I agree to promptly notify the ROMBA staff via firstname.lastname@example.org or by a direct call to the Executive Director if I begin experiencing symptoms.
- Post-event illness. If I experience symptoms such as fever, fatigue, difficulty breathing, dry cough, or other symptoms related to COVID-19 and/or receive a positive COVID-19 test within the one week following the ROMBA event, I agree to promptly notify the ROMBA staff via email@example.com or by a direct call to the Executive Director.
- Expenses due to COVID-19. I acknowledge that I am solely responsible for all costs related to COVID-19 prevention and mitigation, including, but not limited to, testing, medical care, extended hotel stays, and changes in travel arrangements.
- Waiver of Liability. I agree to read, sign, and strictly follow the Waiver, Release of Liability, and Indemnification Liability provided to me during registration.
I have read and understand the COVID-19 Code of Conduct. I further understand that violating any portion of this Code of Conduct may result in my removal from event activities without refund or warning and exclusion from attending future events. It is agreed that if my registration was made by someone else, these rules will still apply to me.