At Reaching Out MBA (ROMBA), the safety and well-being of all attendees at our events are of paramount importance. We are committed to creating an inclusive, respectful, and safe environment for everyone, regardless of their gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, age, ability, religion, or any other personal characteristic.
This Event Safety Protocol outlines the measures we take to ensure a positive and secure experience for all participants.
- Inclusivity and Respect:
- All attendees, staff, volunteers, and speakers are expected to treat each other with respect and consideration, fostering a welcoming and inclusive atmosphere.
- Discrimination, harassment, hate speech, and any form of intimidation are strictly prohibited and will not be tolerated.
- Code of Conduct:
- All participants, including attendees, staff, volunteers, and speakers, are required to adhere to our Code of Conduct, which sets clear expectations for behavior during the event.
- The Code of Conduct includes guidelines on respectful communication and respectful use of language. Compliance with this Code of Conduct is the responsibility of every Reaching Out MBA constituent. Disregarding or failing to comply with this Code of Conduct could lead to removal from an event and any future events and/or terminating an individual’s involvement with Reaching Out MBA.
- Reporting Mechanism:
- A clear and confidential reporting mechanism has been established for any incidents or concerns related to safety or conduct violations. Any incidents or concerns can be reported here.
- Safe Spaces:
- Designated safe spaces or quiet areas will be available upon request for participants who may need a break or feel uncomfortable at any point during the event.
- Diversity in Programming:
- Event programming will reflect the diverse experiences and perspectives of the LGBTQ+ community.
- Speakers and panelists will be selected to represent a range of identities and backgrounds.
- Inclusive Restrooms:
- All restroom facilities at the event venue will be gender-neutral or clearly marked for all gender identities.
- The event venue will be chosen with accessibility in mind, ensuring that it is physically accessible to all attendees.
- Accommodations for accessibility needs can be requested by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with details related to the accommodations.
- COVID-19 Protocol:
- Reaching Out MBA is committed to hosting the safest possible events for attendees, volunteers, staff, and exhibitors in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic. Please refer to our COVID-19 Code of Conduct for more information.
- Alcohol Consumption:
- When consuming alcohol, responsible consumption is expected. Any excessive or disruptive behavior related to alcohol will not be tolerated.
- Attendee Badges:
- All event attendees must wear their badges at all times. Only those with badges will gain access to event activities and meeting spaces.
- Continuous Improvement:
- ROMBA is committed to ongoing evaluation and improvement of the Event Safety Protocol based on participant feedback and changing needs.
By following this Event Safety Protocol, we aim to create a secure, inclusive, and enjoyable environment for all Reaching Out MBA event participants. Together, we can ensure that our events contribute to the professional growth and networking opportunities for all attendees, while prioritizing their safety and well-being.